Server Move

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

User avatar
brommers95
Promising
Promising
Posts: 368
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:10 pm

Re: Server Move

Post by brommers95 » Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:35 pm

Working fine for me on both mobile and desktop. Thanks for all the work you put into the site DJBlu :D

DJBlu
Site Admin
Posts: 5608
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:38 pm

Re: Server Move

Post by DJBlu » Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:44 pm

As a side note, I am looking to employ a few members as administrators and moderators for the fee of internet beers.

It's not a particularly difficult task. Just enabling new members(anti spam/look at the name and email, looks suss, delete) and ensure people aren't awful with each other.

Full training will be offered to those interested!

If you are interested then please to get in touch.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 11033
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 9:33 pm
Location: Leeds

Re: Server Move

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:18 pm

Wasn’t working earlier but is now. Cheers pal.

GhostoftheBok
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 2058
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:51 pm

Re: Server Move

Post by GhostoftheBok » Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:13 pm

Had an issue where I was unable to post and also was being redirected when I clicked on the google link for the site, but not the individual sections. Cleared cache and seems to have fixed it.

DJBlu
Site Admin
Posts: 5608
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:38 pm

Re: Server Move

Post by DJBlu » Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:20 pm

GhostoftheBok wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:13 pm
Had an issue where I was unable to post and also was being redirected when I clicked on the google link for the site, but not the individual sections. Cleared cache and seems to have fixed it.
Thanks, if it was the past 20 minutes then that was my fault as I'm trying to sort something else out on the server. May have inadvertently balls it up for 5 mins.

:D

User avatar
Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8780
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:27 pm
Location: Skye high

Re: Server Move

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:24 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:44 pm
As a side note, I am looking to employ a few members as administrators and moderators for the fee of internet beers.

It's not a particularly difficult task. Just enabling new members(anti spam/look at the name and email, looks suss, delete) and ensure people aren't awful with each other.

Full training will be offered to those interested!

If you are interested then please to get in touch.
Mostly only able to get on in the evening, but happy to help.

Thanks etc for hosting, very much appreciated :pray:

User avatar
TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 39730
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:35 pm
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: Server Move

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:34 pm

Fixed my signing in problem, my own fault. Hadn't ticked the "remember me" box. Sorted.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

User avatar
Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 12791
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 12:45 am
Location: Montreal, Canada

Re: Server Move

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:31 pm

Thanks, DJBlu, for all the work. No problems from Canada.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 2438
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:27 pm
Location: Sarf East London

Re: Server Move

Post by TonyDomingos » Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:55 pm

No problems for me. Thanks for all your work, Bluey. Much appreciated.
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

nicholaldo
Dedicated
Dedicated
Posts: 1357
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:23 pm

Re: Server Move

Post by nicholaldo » Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:37 pm

I'm finding it very difficult to first log in and then post. Very often I can't log in using the correct username and password and on the few occasions I can I end up being logged out after clicking the Submit button on a post.

No one else seems to be having the same problem, though, so maybe it's just my devices not being compatible with the new server or something.

DJBlu
Site Admin
Posts: 5608
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:38 pm

Re: Server Move

Post by DJBlu » Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:36 pm

nicholaldo wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:37 pm
I'm finding it very difficult to first log in and then post. Very often I can't log in using the correct username and password and on the few occasions I can I end up being logged out after clicking the Submit button on a post.

No one else seems to be having the same problem, though, so maybe it's just my devices not being compatible with the new server or something.
Have you got remember me selected?

Or are you using social media to log in?

User avatar
TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 39730
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:35 pm
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: Server Move

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:38 am

DJBlu wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:44 pm
As a side note, I am looking to employ a few members as administrators and moderators for the fee of internet beers.

It's not a particularly difficult task. Just enabling new members(anti spam/look at the name and email, looks suss, delete) and ensure people aren't awful with each other.

Full training will be offered to those interested!

If you are interested then please to get in touch.
Hi D.J.B. Just posting to say I still keep in daily touch with admin and mod duties in a ghostly sort of way, as most of my fellow mods seem to have disappeared. As you say, not difficult now as the crackpot element has faded too.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

nicholaldo
Dedicated
Dedicated
Posts: 1357
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:23 pm

Re: Server Move

Post by nicholaldo » Sat Oct 30, 2021 2:34 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:36 pm
nicholaldo wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:37 pm
I'm finding it very difficult to first log in and then post. Very often I can't log in using the correct username and password and on the few occasions I can I end up being logged out after clicking the Submit button on a post.

No one else seems to be having the same problem, though, so maybe it's just my devices not being compatible with the new server or something.
Have you got remember me selected?

Or are you using social media to log in?

Yes, and it's improved slightly. I'll just keep persevering with it.

Thanks, DJBlu.

DJBlu
Site Admin
Posts: 5608
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:38 pm

Re: Server Move

Post by DJBlu » Tue Nov 02, 2021 3:30 pm

Howdy, there may be a few glitches between now 15:30 and 17:00.

Installing a UPS so that the website can remain online should there be a power cut.

GhostoftheBok
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 2058
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:51 pm

Re: Server Move

Post by GhostoftheBok » Tue Nov 02, 2021 5:16 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Tue Nov 02, 2021 3:30 pm
Howdy, there may be a few glitches between now 15:30 and 17:00.

Installing a UPS so that the website can remain online should there be a power cut.
You fancy bugger. Appreciate the effort.

User avatar
Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 21582
Joined: Sun May 14, 2006 4:00 pm
Location: Hanging on in quiet desperation
Contact:

Re: Server Move

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Nov 02, 2021 5:20 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Tue Nov 02, 2021 3:30 pm
Howdy, there may be a few glitches between now 15:30 and 17:00.

Installing a UPS so that the website can remain online should there be a power cut.
Does that mean we send messages via a bloke in a parcel van? :mrgreen:

DJBlu
Site Admin
Posts: 5608
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:38 pm

Re: Server Move

Post by DJBlu » Tue Nov 02, 2021 5:33 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Tue Nov 02, 2021 5:20 pm
DJBlu wrote:
Tue Nov 02, 2021 3:30 pm
Howdy, there may be a few glitches between now 15:30 and 17:00.

Installing a UPS so that the website can remain online should there be a power cut.
Does that mean we send messages via a bloke in a parcel van? :mrgreen:
:laugh:

User avatar
TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 39730
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:35 pm
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: Server Move

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Nov 02, 2021 6:46 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Tue Nov 02, 2021 5:20 pm
Does that mean we send messages via a bloke in a parcel van? :mrgreen:


Is that you Harry? :lol:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Mar
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 2062
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 12:23 pm
Location: Bolton

Re: Server Move

Post by Mar » Tue Nov 02, 2021 7:45 pm

I keep getting logged out, sessions not persisting across several servers perhaps?

DJBlu
Site Admin
Posts: 5608
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:38 pm

Re: Server Move

Post by DJBlu » Tue Nov 02, 2021 7:54 pm

Mar wrote:
Tue Nov 02, 2021 7:45 pm
I keep getting logged out, sessions not persisting across several servers perhaps?
Are you using social media to login or the user/pass option?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 27 guests