People have requested a donation button to pay towards hosting costs, this is very much appreciated. You can donate via PayPal with this button:
It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:15 am


Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4005 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: The "Nothing to see here"Transfer thread
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 8:45 pm 
Legend

Joined: Mon May 23, 2011 9:25 am

Posts: 7931

Location: Bolton

James B wrote:
Quote:
Bolton have signed a couple of young uns tonight. Details in Mirror tomorrow [hopefully].

nixon


“@MarcIles: Hearing there have been a couple of young players signed today at #bwfc - just gathering info now.”

_________________
“White for hands and brown for feet. Green for torso, thighs and seat. And in the cupboard 'neath the stairs.....you'll find the red for pubic hair"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The "Nothing to see here"Transfer thread
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 9:31 pm 
Legend
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2006 2:36 pm

Posts: 8385

Location: uk

oooohhh interesting


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The "Nothing to see here"Transfer thread
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 9:31 pm 
Legend

Joined: Mon May 23, 2011 9:25 am

Posts: 7931

Location: Bolton

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/10 ... he_summer/

_________________
“White for hands and brown for feet. Green for torso, thighs and seat. And in the cupboard 'neath the stairs.....you'll find the red for pubic hair"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The "Nothing to see here"Transfer thread
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 9:38 pm 
Dedicated

Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:44 pm

Posts: 1390

Location: Northern Ireland

It's on the Bolton News but I can't post the article at the minute.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The "Nothing to see here"Transfer thread
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 9:40 pm 
Legend

Joined: Mon May 23, 2011 9:25 am

Posts: 7931

Location: Bolton

Wanderers land first two signings of the summer

9:23pm Tuesday 14th May 2013 in Sport By Marc Iles

DOUGIE Freedman put his summer rebuilding plans into forward gear tonight with the signing of two talented teenagers.

Wanderers have agreed terms with Sheffield Wednesday full-back Hayden White and Millwall striker Conor Wilkinson and will be required to pay compensation for their services.

White, a winger-turned-defender, has attracted some rave reviews in the Hillsborough Under-21 side this season.

The London-born 17-year-old has reportedly been scouted by Spurs, Wigan and West Brom but also hit the headlines recently after Manchester United were said to be monitoring his progress.


The same can be said for Republic of Ireland youth international Wilkinson, aged 18, who can also count Portugese giants Benfica on the list of big names who have been casting admiring glances his way, if reports are to be believed.

Neither player has made their first team bow – but Freedman has high hopes that they can both continue their progress at Wanderers.

“I've been aware of them both for a while,” Freedman told The Bolton News. “They both fit in very well with what I am trying to do at this football club and I think they can both have a very bright future with the right development.”

_________________
“White for hands and brown for feet. Green for torso, thighs and seat. And in the cupboard 'neath the stairs.....you'll find the red for pubic hair"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The "Nothing to see here"Transfer thread
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 9:42 pm 
Immortal
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:49 am

Posts: 17655

Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

It seems he's making up for the limited success of our youth set up by signing other teams youth players. Fairy Nuff.

_________________
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.

"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The "Nothing to see here"Transfer thread
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 9:47 pm 
Legend
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:19 pm

Posts: 7368

Location: Simon Farnworth's glove bag

ManUre tried to sign him:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... ay-1795026

_________________
"There were plenty of fellas who would kick your b*ll**ks off, the difference was that at the end they'd shake your hand and help you look for them."

Nathaniel Lofthouse(27 August 1925 – 15 January 2011)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The "Nothing to see here"Transfer thread
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 9:52 pm 
Legend
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2006 2:36 pm

Posts: 8385

Location: uk

So two for the future then.

A few of these have come in over the years, would be nice for one of them to work out...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The "Nothing to see here"Transfer thread
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 9:55 pm 
Icon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2005 11:47 pm

Posts: 4076

Location: Half dead in Panama

Surprised to see fellow Championship teams agreeing to sell their hot prospects to us. I'd be disappointed if it was the other way round. Hopefully one or both of these, will prove to be a real coup for Dougie.

_________________
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The "Nothing to see here"Transfer thread
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 9:55 pm 
Immortal
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:49 am

Posts: 17655

Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

TKIZ! wrote:
Yep ... and they've now got rid of their manager !!!

_________________
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.

"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The "Nothing to see here"Transfer thread
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 10:00 pm 
Immortal
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Posts: 23151

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Surprised to see fellow Championship teams agreeing to sell their hot prospects to us. I'd be disappointed if it was the other way round. Hopefully one or both of these, will prove to be a real coup for Dougie.


By sounds of the article the players were out of contract so the clubs had no choice.

As they are youngsters we will have to pay mandatory compensation.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The "Nothing to see here"Transfer thread
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 10:13 pm 
Passionate

Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:18 am

Posts: 3742

Location: Horwich

Well I remember all the fuss with Mark Connolly and £1 million down the drain as well as FA complaints against Megson and Evans, but this time we have a manager who is prepared to put his money where his mouth is and stake his reputation on the development of young players. So I'm cautiously excited about this.

_________________
And at night, we'd find some barn, and fall asleep with the perfumes of nature sighing on our skin...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The "Nothing to see here"Transfer thread
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 10:19 pm 
Immortal
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 9:33 pm

Posts: 11656

Location: Leeds

Yeah they sound the business...lets hope we see them play! He's given youth a chance already.

How is that Bolger doing we picked up from Leicester?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The "Nothing to see here"Transfer thread
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 10:40 am 
Immortal
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 4:27 pm

Posts: 14920

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:
Surprised to see fellow Championship teams agreeing to sell their hot prospects to us. I'd be disappointed if it was the other way round. Hopefully one or both of these, will prove to be a real coup for Dougie.


By sounds of the article the players were out of contract so the clubs had no choice.

As they are youngsters we will have to pay mandatory compensation.


The one at Sheffield Wednesday had only just signed a contract...

_________________
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The "Nothing to see here"Transfer thread
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 10:46 am 
Dedicated
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:07 pm

Posts: 1830

Hayden White
Image

some comments on him from a Wednesday forum when he was linked to united
" Definitely not that good. Fast as owt though. "

"He has indeed improved this season, but he's nowhere near first team level."

" He wansn't particularly good, just super quick. "

"I'm surprised as well because in addition to being a good player he is a great kid, down to earth and I honestly felt he would be a big one for the future "

Image
Conor Wilkinson

There isn't many quotes on him that I found from millwall fans but I found a few videos of him scoring a beauty, Millwall fans tried to start a rumor of United trying to sign him just because he went to a united game :P

http://www.viddy.com/video/b27db3b3-988 ... bce258dcba

_________________
DOUGIE FREEDMANS SUPERWHITE ARMY


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The "Nothing to see here"Transfer thread
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 11:20 am 
Passionate
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:20 pm

Posts: 3632

Location: Er Plymouth

Tals-biggest-fan wrote:
Hayden White
Image

some comments on him from a Wednesday forum when he was linked to united
" Definitely not that good. Fast as owt though. "

"He has indeed improved this season, but he's nowhere near first team level."

" He wansn't particularly good, just super quick. "

"I'm surprised as well because in addition to being a good player he is a great kid, down to earth and I honestly felt he would be a big one for the future "

Image
Conor Wilkinson

There isn't many quotes on him that I found from millwall fans but I found a few videos of him scoring a beauty, Millwall fans tried to start a rumor of United trying to sign him just because he went to a united game :P

http://www.viddy.com/video/b27db3b3-988 ... bce258dcba



Probably just me but Hayden White looks abit like Muamba


Attachments:
moo.jpg
moo.jpg [ 15.19 KiB | Viewed 466 times ]

_________________
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience


Last edited by plymouth wanderer on Wed May 15, 2013 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The "Nothing to see here"Transfer thread
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 11:22 am 
Immortal
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Posts: 23151

boltonboris wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:
Surprised to see fellow Championship teams agreeing to sell their hot prospects to us. I'd be disappointed if it was the other way round. Hopefully one or both of these, will prove to be a real coup for Dougie.


By sounds of the article the players were out of contract so the clubs had no choice.

As they are youngsters we will have to pay mandatory compensation.


The one at Sheffield Wednesday had only just signed a contract...


There seems to be confusion over whether he actually signed it or not.....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The "Nothing to see here"Transfer thread
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 12:08 pm 
Immortal
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 4:27 pm

Posts: 14920

plymouth wanderer wrote:
Tals-biggest-fan wrote:
Hayden White
Image

some comments on him from a Wednesday forum when he was linked to united
" Definitely not that good. Fast as owt though. "

"He has indeed improved this season, but he's nowhere near first team level."

" He wansn't particularly good, just super quick. "

"I'm surprised as well because in addition to being a good player he is a great kid, down to earth and I honestly felt he would be a big one for the future "

Image
Conor Wilkinson

There isn't many quotes on him that I found from millwall fans but I found a few videos of him scoring a beauty, Millwall fans tried to start a rumor of United trying to sign him just because he went to a united game :P

http://www.viddy.com/video/b27db3b3-988 ... bce258dcba



Probably just me but Hayden White looks abit like Muamba


Similar haircuts. For me, that's where the similarity ends.

_________________
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The "Nothing to see here"Transfer thread
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 12:15 pm 
Passionate
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:20 pm

Posts: 3632

Location: Er Plymouth

boltonboris wrote:
plymouth wanderer wrote:
Tals-biggest-fan wrote:
Hayden White
Image

some comments on him from a Wednesday forum when he was linked to united
" Definitely not that good. Fast as owt though. "

"He has indeed improved this season, but he's nowhere near first team level."

" He wansn't particularly good, just super quick. "

"I'm surprised as well because in addition to being a good player he is a great kid, down to earth and I honestly felt he would be a big one for the future "

Image
Conor Wilkinson

There isn't many quotes on him that I found from millwall fans but I found a few videos of him scoring a beauty, Millwall fans tried to start a rumor of United trying to sign him just because he went to a united game :P

http://www.viddy.com/video/b27db3b3-988 ... bce258dcba



Probably just me but Hayden White looks abit like Muamba


Similar haircuts. For me, that's where the similarity ends.



Fair do's

_________________
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The "Nothing to see here"Transfer thread
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 12:18 pm 
Immortal
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:19 pm

Posts: 33150

Location: Drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Looks like Carlton Palmer to me. :?

_________________
Brucie's thoughts - Pretty streamers - Guess this world needs its dreamers... may they never wake up.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4005 posts ] 

It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:15 am

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: SmokinFrazier and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group