People have requested a donation button to pay towards hosting costs, this is very much appreciated. You can donate via PayPal with this button:
It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:11 pm


Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1084 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Fabrice Muamba
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:25 pm 
Immortal
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:42 am

Posts: 18874

Location: Vagantes numquam erramus

Well, err, no.

Since you asked.

_________________
The great enemy of truth is very often not the lie - deliberate, contrived and dishonest - but the myth, persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fabrice Muamba
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:20 am 
Icon

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2004 2:11 pm

Posts: 4408

no ? hows about

if he were told he'd never walk again , it wont affect the remainder of his contract as sitting on the bench is all coyle thinks he's good for.

thats a 8 on the snark meter. but probably a 9.7 on the truth-o-meter.

:sad relegation face:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fabrice Muamba
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:59 am 
Immortal
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:42 am

Posts: 18874

Location: Vagantes numquam erramus

Still no.

_________________
The great enemy of truth is very often not the lie - deliberate, contrived and dishonest - but the myth, persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fabrice Muamba
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:01 am 
Icon
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:13 am

Posts: 5325

Location: The House of Fun (it's quicker if you run)

I'll be 50% there if i know what a snark meter is.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fabrice Muamba
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:03 am 
Immortal
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:42 am

Posts: 18874

Location: Vagantes numquam erramus

It sounds like a facial expression. A bit like the one HWSNBN had on permanently.

_________________
The great enemy of truth is very often not the lie - deliberate, contrived and dishonest - but the myth, persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fabrice Muamba
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:09 am 
Passionate
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 03, 2005 5:33 pm

Posts: 3220

Who would leave an unopened can of lager and a sandwich (reduced as it was going out-of-date)?

Nowt stranger than folk.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/313 ... ba-tribute

Quote:
THE tributes to Fabrice Muamba’s battle for health left outside the Reebok have been boxed up and put into storage by the club ready to be sent to the player at such time as he is in a fit state to look properly at them all.

Staff, though, were surprised to find that, among the scarves, shirts, cards and pictures was an unopened can of Foster’s and an egg mayonnaise sandwich from Asda, reduced in price because it was going out of date.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fabrice Muamba
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:10 am 
Icon
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:13 am

Posts: 5325

Location: The House of Fun (it's quicker if you run)

Dam thats where i left my wife's birthday presents...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fabrice Muamba
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:18 am 
Immortal
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2005 2:51 pm

Posts: 15658

Location: Up above the streets and houses

It's clearly a Bolton themed twist on the milk tray man. He must've parachuted from a helicopter onto the roof then abseiled down the front of the stand, left the lager & the butty and then hopped into a speedboat and disappeared into the night.

Come on Fab-keep going.

_________________
And I'll miss you most of all scarecrow.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fabrice Muamba
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:33 am 
Immortal
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Posts: 23175

He's having a mini defibrilator fitted to allow him to play again...

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/EX ... 88865.html


Last edited by BWFC_Insane on Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fabrice Muamba
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:51 am 
Legend

Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:08 pm

Posts: 6785

Location: Enfield

BWFC_Insane wrote:
He's have a mini defibrilator fitted to allow him to play again...

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/EX ... 88865.html



This is amazing.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fabrice Muamba
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:00 am 
Immortal
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:49 am

Posts: 18405

Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

CrazyHorse wrote:
It's clearly a Bolton themed twist on the milk tray man. He must've parachuted from a helicopter onto the roof then abseiled down the front of the stand, left the lager & the butty and then hopped into a speedboat and disappeared into the night.

Come on Fab-keep going.
... but LAGER !! Not a pint of Tetley's dark mild ?

... & a veggie sarnie ?

_________________
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fabrice Muamba
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:05 am 
Immortal
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:49 am

Posts: 18405

Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Gary the Enfield wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
He's have a mini defibrilator fitted to allow him to play again...

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/EX ... 88865.html
This is amazing.
Well, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this 'mini-difibrilator' normally called a 'pacemaker' ??


Interesting also that within a day's news we have "he'll be back training by the end of the month" AND "we've boxed-up the momento's so he can take a look at them when he's well enough".

Journo's are feasting on this whole thing.

It can't be long before we have some dick doing an expose on him for parking misdemeanours.

_________________
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fabrice Muamba
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:08 am 
Icon
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:13 am

Posts: 5325

Location: The House of Fun (it's quicker if you run)

bobo the clown wrote:
CrazyHorse wrote:
It's clearly a Bolton themed twist on the milk tray man. He must've parachuted from a helicopter onto the roof then abseiled down the front of the stand, left the lager & the butty and then hopped into a speedboat and disappeared into the night.

Come on Fab-keep going.
... but LAGER !! Not a pint of Tetley's dark mild ?

... & a veggie sarnie ?


Sod that, from now on i'm going to drink whatever Fab drinks !


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fabrice Muamba
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:10 am 
Immortal
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Posts: 23175

bobo the clown wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
He's have a mini defibrilator fitted to allow him to play again...

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/EX ... 88865.html
This is amazing.
Well, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this 'mini-difibrilator' normally called a 'pacemaker' ??

Interesting also that within a day's news we have "he'll be back training by the end of the month" AND "we've boxed-up the momento's so he can take a look at them when he's well enough".

Journo's are feasting on this whole thing.

It can't be long before we have some dick doing an expose on him for parking misdemeanours.


I'm no expert but I believe, a defibrilator is there to restart the heart if it stops beating, or if it speeds up too much and consequently stops pumping bloody.

Whereas a pacemaker only maintains the heart rhythm, ie. wouldn't do anything if your heart stopped.....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fabrice Muamba
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:17 am 
Immortal
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:19 pm

Posts: 33823

Location: Drifting into the arena of the unwell.

bobo the clown wrote:
correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this 'mini-difibrilator' normally called a 'pacemaker' ??


Nope - a pacemaker is a little Kenyan fella. BR - ITK! ;)

_________________
Brucie's thoughts - Pretty streamers - Guess this world needs its dreamers... may they never wake up.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fabrice Muamba
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:18 am 
Dedicated

Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:00 am

Posts: 1741

Eitherway brilliant news. The whole story is pretty unbelievable as is the speed of his recovery.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fabrice Muamba
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:29 am 
Immortal
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:49 am

Posts: 18405

Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

BWFC_Insane wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
He's have a mini defibrilator fitted to allow him to play again...

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/EX ... 88865.html
This is amazing.
Well, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this 'mini-difibrilator' normally called a 'pacemaker' ??

Interesting also that within a day's news we have "he'll be back training by the end of the month" AND "we've boxed-up the momento's so he can take a look at them when he's well enough".

Journo's are feasting on this whole thing.

It can't be long before we have some dick doing an expose on him for parking misdemeanours.


I'm no expert but I believe, a defibrilator is there to restart the heart if it stops beating, or if it speeds up too much and consequently stops pumping bloody.

Whereas a pacemaker only maintains the heart rhythm, ie. wouldn't do anything if your heart stopped.....
It's a bit of both, so say's Wiki.

"Modern pacemakers are externally programmable and allow the cardiologist to select the optimum pacing modes for individual patients. Some combine a pacemaker and defibrillator in a single implantable device".


... and Bruce, never let an easy line go by, my friend, you never know when the next will be along. 8)

_________________
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fabrice Muamba
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:30 am 
Dedicated

Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:17 am

Posts: 1874

ohjimmyjimmy wrote:
Dam thats where i left my wife's birthday presents...




:lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fabrice Muamba
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:46 am 
Icon

Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:34 pm

Posts: 5113

Location: Froze to the bone in my igloo home

bobo the clown wrote:
"Modern pacemakers are externally programmable and allow the cardiologist to select the optimum pacing modes for individual patients."

I understand the model he will have implanted is a refabrillator.

_________________
Monotremes oviparous, ovum meroblastic.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fabrice Muamba
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:52 am 
Promising
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2004 7:33 am

Posts: 306

Location: Chorley

Go moo :pray: This is amazing news, training again soon! I honestly thought it would be a long time till we heard that, if ever. The medics must feel that his 'condition' is manageable ...wow!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1084 posts ] 

It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:11 pm

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group