Bruce Rioja wrote:
I think I'd rather starve
ahhh - food snobs! don't you just love 'em?
Have never been in, myself, and bear in mind that I completely ignore the supermarket freezer isle unless I need (a) Frozen peas, or (b) Fish fingers, is there any decent tucker to be had in yon emporium, Bish?
I don't buy much in there...
basically - stuff the kids want
1. frozen pizza for when me and the missus have a chinese takeaway
2. quorn stuff - cos we are vegetarians and we use quorn quite a bit and aldi doesn't sell it and sainsbury's sell it at twice the price!
3. frozen fish for my son who doesn't like pasta when the rest of us have it
4. gazillions of gallons of 7-up and pepsi (the kids)
5. branded lunchbox items (jaffa-cake boxes, walkers crisps - cheaper than sainsbury's)
6. activia yoghurts (cheaper than sainsbury's) that the missus likes
7. noodles (much cheaper than sainsbury's) that the missus has for lunch
8. dozens of bottles of heinz ketchup (middle son drinks a gallon a day!)
I doubt there'd be much for you to get excited about in there Bruce!
Indeed you're correct. From the list;
I buy whichever 'gallons of fizzy pop' happen to be on at a £1 a bottle in Asda on any given week (this week it's Sprite Zero and Lilt Zero)
Buy Mullerlite yogurts which appear to be on perennial offer.
And I buy a year's supply of ketchup at a time - One bottle.
Regarding Hobo's bodyweight in chicken I prefer to buy the corn fed, free range fellas, but that's a personal choice.
Will be stopping at Aldi on the way home tomorrow though, as we've discussed, for wine, cooked meats and smoked salmon.