People have requested a donation button to pay towards hosting costs, this is very much appreciated. You can donate via PayPal with this button:
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:16 pm


Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 219 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Wanderers vs Macclesfield: The Threequel
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:56 pm 
Immortal
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:01 am

Posts: 35200

Location: In my armchair

BWFC_Insane wrote:
truewhite15 wrote:
Maybe I'm just easily pleased, but I still subscribe to the theory that if we win, I'm happy. I couldn't care less how we played, as long as we get the result in the bag. Which we did. Yes, we were poor in the second half, but how many times this season have we seen the big boys get the recliners out if they've got the game tied up in the first 45? It's nothing new. And despite that, Macc still only had 1 shot on target. If you were expecting 6-0 scorelines, I'd suggest that's more your issue than the team's.


But the lacklustre performance highlighted all the issues we've had this season and showed that none of them have yet been solved.

A win in itself is fine, but you have to see the context.



yeah... spot on! why enjoy a win when you can see a wider context to moan about??

_________________
Some people are like Slinkies … not really good for anything, but you can’t help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wanderers vs Macclesfield: The Threequel
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:21 pm 
Immortal
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Posts: 23175

thebish wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
truewhite15 wrote:
Maybe I'm just easily pleased, but I still subscribe to the theory that if we win, I'm happy. I couldn't care less how we played, as long as we get the result in the bag. Which we did. Yes, we were poor in the second half, but how many times this season have we seen the big boys get the recliners out if they've got the game tied up in the first 45? It's nothing new. And despite that, Macc still only had 1 shot on target. If you were expecting 6-0 scorelines, I'd suggest that's more your issue than the team's.


But the lacklustre performance highlighted all the issues we've had this season and showed that none of them have yet been solved.

A win in itself is fine, but you have to see the context.



yeah... spot on! why enjoy a win when you can see a wider context to moan about??


I wasn't one of the ones booing, take it up with them that did!

But I was there and I was freezing.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wanderers vs Macclesfield: The Threequel
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:24 pm 
Immortal
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:01 am

Posts: 35200

Location: In my armchair

BWFC_Insane wrote:
thebish wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
truewhite15 wrote:
Maybe I'm just easily pleased, but I still subscribe to the theory that if we win, I'm happy. I couldn't care less how we played, as long as we get the result in the bag. Which we did. Yes, we were poor in the second half, but how many times this season have we seen the big boys get the recliners out if they've got the game tied up in the first 45? It's nothing new. And despite that, Macc still only had 1 shot on target. If you were expecting 6-0 scorelines, I'd suggest that's more your issue than the team's.


But the lacklustre performance highlighted all the issues we've had this season and showed that none of them have yet been solved.

A win in itself is fine, but you have to see the context.



yeah... spot on! why enjoy a win when you can see a wider context to moan about??


I wasn't one of the ones booing, take it up with them that did!

But I was there and I was freezing.


wins are scarce, I think I'll just enjoy them when they come. I didn't mention booing.

_________________
Some people are like Slinkies … not really good for anything, but you can’t help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wanderers vs Macclesfield: The Threequel
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:50 pm 
Reliable

Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:02 pm

Posts: 559

Dr Hotdog wrote:
Nice to see Chungy doing the half-time draw!

A half time draw as well as a win - the Reebok's becoming a fortress


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wanderers vs Macclesfield: The Threequel
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:20 pm 
Hopeful

Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:54 pm

Posts: 7

I wasn't there can't be blamed for the booing having said that if I was I wouldn't have booed em off a win is a win would we have done the same if we had beaten Wigan like that probably not. I think people are forgetting if Macclesfield played like they played 3 times against us there is no way they would be where they are. They raised their game against us we did a professional job clean sheet as well


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wanderers vs Macclesfield: The Threequel
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:37 pm 
Dedicated

Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:17 am

Posts: 1875

Bruno3 wrote:
Dr Hotdog wrote:
Nice to see Chungy doing the half-time draw!

A half time draw as well as a win - the Reebok's becoming a fortress



:lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wanderers vs Macclesfield: The Threequel
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:42 pm 
Dedicated

Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:17 am

Posts: 1875

chris33 wrote:
I wasn't there can't be blamed for the booing having said that if I was I wouldn't have booed em off a win is a win would we have done the same if we had beaten Wigan like that probably not. I think people are forgetting if Macclesfield played like they played 3 times against us there is no way they would be where they are. They raised their game against us we did a professional job clean sheet as well



Perhaps it wasn't booing after all, but rather the collective groan of 10,000 people as they simultaneously peeled their iced-up bollocks off their seats.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wanderers vs Macclesfield: The Threequel
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:22 pm 
Legend
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2006 2:36 pm

Posts: 8693

Location: uk

I did not hear any booing, groans when Robbo came on.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wanderers vs Macclesfield: The Threequel
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:12 pm 
Immortal
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Posts: 23175

jaffka wrote:
I did not hear any booing, groans when Robbo came on.


There werent that much booing, it was half hearted to match the effort of our players.

But there were a bit.....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wanderers vs Macclesfield: The Threequel
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:20 pm 
Immortal
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:35 pm

Posts: 38031

Location: Lost in the Rubaiyat.

BWFC_Insane wrote:
jaffka wrote:
I did not hear any booing, groans when Robbo came on.


There werent that much booing, it was half hearted to match the effort of our players.
But there were a bit.....


Aye, only winning two nil in an F.A.Cup match against a potential banana-skin team. Disgusting.

_________________
Myself, when young, did eagerly frequent, Doctor and Saint and heard great argument
About it and about: but evermore, Came out by the same door wherein I went.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wanderers vs Macclesfield: The Threequel
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:23 pm 
Immortal
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Posts: 23175

TANGODANCER wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
jaffka wrote:
I did not hear any booing, groans when Robbo came on.


There werent that much booing, it was half hearted to match the effort of our players.
But there were a bit.....


Aye, only winning two nil in an F.A.Cup match against a potential banana-skin team. Disgusting.

With the greatest of respect without being there to witness the pathetic second half, and paying for the privilege, in freezing conditions, then you won't get the frustration...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wanderers vs Macclesfield: The Threequel
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:50 pm 
Immortal
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:35 pm

Posts: 38031

Location: Lost in the Rubaiyat.

BWFC_Insane wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
jaffka wrote:
I did not hear any booing, groans when Robbo came on.


There werent that much booing, it was half hearted to match the effort of our players.
But there were a bit.....


Aye, only winning two nil in an F.A.Cup match against a potential banana-skin team. Disgusting.

With the greatest of respect without being there to witness the pathetic second half, and paying for the privilege, in freezing conditions, then you won't get the frustration...


Suitably reprimanded, I'll withdraw and leave it to you to moan alone.

_________________
Myself, when young, did eagerly frequent, Doctor and Saint and heard great argument
About it and about: but evermore, Came out by the same door wherein I went.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wanderers vs Macclesfield: The Threequel
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:58 pm 
Immortal
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 9:33 pm

Posts: 11728

Location: Leeds

Verbal wrote:
cheers
If I was a macc fan id be dissapointed with the keeper on both


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wanderers vs Macclesfield: The Threequel
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:10 pm 
Reliable
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:22 pm

Posts: 973

BWFC_Insane wrote:
jaffka wrote:
I did not hear any booing, groans when Robbo came on.


There werent that much booing, it was half hearted to match the effort of our players.

But there were a bit.....


They were all saying Boo-urns


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wanderers vs Macclesfield: The Threequel
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:06 pm 
Immortal
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:01 am

Posts: 35200

Location: In my armchair

BWFC_Insane wrote:

With the greatest of respect without being there to witness the pathetic second half, and paying for the privilege, in freezing conditions, then you won't get the frustration...


yeah - bastards!! it's cold in winter and you now have to pay to get in... COYLE OUT!!!

_________________
Some people are like Slinkies … not really good for anything, but you can’t help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wanderers vs Macclesfield: The Threequel
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:50 am 
Immortal
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:51 am

Posts: 16572

officer_dibble wrote:
Verbal wrote:
cheers
If I was a macc fan id be dissapointed with the keeper on both


He's fecking shit! Folk were raving about him after the first game, 3 foot tall and the agility of Stephen Hawking on rohypnol. Wheater's header in first un should never have gone in.

_________________
It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wanderers vs Macclesfield: The Threequel
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:09 am 
Hopeful

Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:54 pm

Posts: 7

It speaks volumes when Robbo didn't even start. I just think that he has been poor for a while now and it can be traced back to last season when Coyle rested him before the semi final for two games because he was on 9 yellows. He went three weeks without playing a match comes in for the semi final and was at fault for some of the goals possibly due to lack of sharpness. He has never recovered from that.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wanderers vs Macclesfield: The Threequel
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:19 am 
Promising

Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:41 pm

Posts: 324

chris33 wrote:
It speaks volumes when Robbo didn't even start. I just think that he has been poor for a while now and it can be traced back to last season when Coyle rested him before the semi final for two games because he was on 9 yellows. He went three weeks without playing a match comes in for the semi final and was at fault for some of the goals possibly due to lack of sharpness. He has never recovered from that.



Have we recovered from that? Kicked this club right in the junk mail!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wanderers vs Macclesfield: The Threequel
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:10 pm 
Icon

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2004 2:11 pm

Posts: 4408

Holden midfielder wrote:
Have we recovered from that? Kicked this club right in the junk mail!


coyle out

:/


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 219 posts ] 

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:16 pm

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Whookam and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group