People have requested a donation button to pay towards hosting costs, this is very much appreciated. You can donate via PayPal with this button:
It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:27 am

Post subject: Play off final.
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 3:08 pm 
Immortal

Can anyone tell me how come there are a shed-load of empty seats at the Play Off Final?

I thought that both clubs complained that they hadn't satisfied demand? :conf:

What's going on?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 3:12 pm 
Reliable

Unused 'Wembley season tickets' I think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 3:20 pm 
Immortal

chris wrote:

Ahh, interesting. Two points, first off - Isn't there a facility in place to re-distribute unwanted places and subsequently reimburse the debenture holders? Secondly, Is there only me that considers this to be perhaps the most important, and, accordingly, the most alluring final of the season? For me, as a neutral, it's usurped the FA Cup Final completely.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 3:28 pm 
Legend

Pisses me off that these Wembley club tickets don't just get sold to the two teams fans, you know the teams that are actually in THE DAMN MATCH.

I'm thinking WBA will go up. Look much the stronger.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 4:52 pm 
Passionate

Daxter wrote:
I'm thinking WBA will go up. Look much the stronger.

no chance

Derby will win

er...about 1-0

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 5:01 pm 
Legend

That'll do, get Koumas up here now Sammy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 5:04 pm 
Passionate

id rather have Camara tbh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 5:18 pm 
Immortal

Could we use Gera? We most certainly could've a couple of years ago. What now? :conf:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 5:20 pm 
Lottery Winner!

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Could we use Gera? We most certainly could've a couple of years ago. What now? :conf:

I thought Gera looked absolutely crap today. I don't know what all the fuss is about this guy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 5:20 pm 
Lottery Winner!

Koren looks a good player though!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 5:25 pm 
Immortal

Mich Caine wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

I thought Gera looked absolutely crap today. I don't know what all the fuss is about this guy.

Then you've been far too busy rustling up a Lardy Lard - Double Cheese with large order Lard , or whatever, whenever this guy's been busy getting stuck into our lot? :conf:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 5:31 pm 
Promising

Bruce Rioja wrote:
chris wrote:

Ahh, interesting. Two points, first off - Isn't there a facility in place to re-distribute unwanted places and subsequently reimburse the debenture holders? Secondly, Is there only me that considers this to be perhaps the most important, and, accordingly, the most alluring final of the season? For me, as a neutral, it's usurped the FA Cup Final completely.

I'm surprised at you for being so naive, Bruce. The overwhelming majority of the 'club Wembley' members are unlikely to be fans of any description. After the cup final, the empty spaces this afternoon have just underlined the fact that this stadium was always going to be one for the suits, rather than the fans.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 5:31 pm 
Passionate

Gera only made the bench for the semi's so....

:?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 5:38 pm 
Immortal

commentators mentioned empty seats, didn't they say something about segregation? :conf: weird. i would've loved to have gone, even to the League 2 one just to say i'd been to wembley

good game, much better than FA Cup final. Thought Koumas was best player on the pitch. wasn't a massive fan of him in the past but he looks much stronger and quicker and i reckon someone'll snap him up - could even be that elusive speedy midfielder we need.

derby were lucky. they don't like they have an awful lot about them. the key to staying in the prem for me is scoring goals and i don't think that team has too many goals in them. then again, last season i said i thought watford would be the only ones to stay up

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 5:44 pm 
Legend

Derby will definately go down if they continue to have 'lump it to Howard' as their main target. They won't get many 1-0s in the Premiership either with Darren Moore at the back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 5:49 pm 
Legend

They do have an extra option if wunderkid Barnes stays there. Though I still think they'll go straight back down.

"Yes, and when they grow older they know it."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 5:52 pm 
Immortal

Le Snake wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Isn't there a facility in place to re-distribute unwanted places and subsequently reimburse the debenture holders?.

I'm surprised at you for being so naive, Bruce. The overwhelming majority of the 'club Wembley' members are unlikely to be fans of any description. After the cup final, the empty spaces this afternoon have just underlined the fact that this stadium was always going to be one for the suits, rather than the fans.

Hence my question, Le Snake, and perhaps a little less naive than you think :wink: . Business brains smart enough to work out the true value of utilising their corporate seats to maximum effect by impressing the relevant heads on cup final day/international game/ big gig day. Smart money would also be tapping into the PR value of giving those ultimately priceless, yet unwanted tickets back to the supporters on Play-Off final day, and furthermore, making something of a stink about it in the press, on a day which means everything to the true football supporter, man in the street, their very own customer, etc. etc. See? :conf:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 5:59 pm 
Legend

These are the ten year tickets.

http://www.wembleystadium.com/seatsandb ... sandboxes/

No mention of play off games.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 6:11 pm 
Lottery Winner!

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Mich Caine wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

Then you've been far too busy rustling up a Lardy Lard - Double Cheese with large order Lard , or whatever, whenever this guy's been busy getting stuck into our lot? :conf:

No, I agree he had some fine games in the Premiership and stood out in a poor team, but if you had seen him play this season then maybe you would have seen this too? :conf:
If he cannot stand out in a championship team then why should he be good enough for us? :conf:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 8:10 pm 
Immortal

I think I was sat in a 10 yr seat at the Morecambe play off last week, it had been surrendered. Would of thought it would be a guaranteed 90k today, the FA need to sort it out. Great to see big Darren Moore back in the premiership, what a hero.

It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:27 am