People have requested a donation button to pay towards hosting costs, this is very much appreciated. You can donate via PayPal with this button:
It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:36 pm


Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ] 

Female Commentators on Footy
Good thing 40%  40%  [ 12 ]
Bad thing 60%  60%  [ 18 ]
Total votes : 30
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 3:11 pm 
Dedicated
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2004 2:32 pm

Posts: 1419

Location: Leeds

First time I heard her commentate last night and I must say she was well shit. Get her off! She makes that Welsh geezer who always does the crap games at the end seem good!

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 3:21 pm 
Reliable
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 11:15 pm

Posts: 599

Heard her for the first time last night, thought she was poor.
She mentioned Zheng Zhi from Charlton three times and each time said that he was the Chinese captain.
After the third time I was hoping he'd get the ball again just to see if she'd tell us one more time.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 6:32 pm 
Legend
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2005 7:51 pm

Posts: 7001

Location: Brighton

She is bloody awful.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 8:50 pm 
Icon
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2006 9:04 pm

Posts: 4676

Location: Aberdeen

bobo the clown wrote:
mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:
WHAT A CROCK OF SHIT.

Really poor again tonight.

Afraid you're right.

However 'inclusive' & open minded I'm trying to be her voice just doesn't work.

I also think Jonathon Pearce peaked on Robot-Wars. He's a good journalist, but he could open cans with that screeching of his.
His voice is made for Robot Wars, unfortunately when watching football you just expect Sgt. Bash to be coming on as a sub any second.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 9:04 pm 
Immortal
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2005 10:36 am

Posts: 17756

Location: HULL, BABY!

One more example of why change is not good!

_________________
YOU CLIMB OBSTACLES LIKE OLD PEOPLE FXCK!!!!!!!!!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 11:55 am 
Icon

Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2004 12:19 am

Posts: 5849

Location: Manchester

kagni wrote:
Heard her for the first time last night, thought she was poor.
She mentioned Zheng Zhi from Charlton three times and each time said that he was the Chinese captain.
After the third time I was hoping he'd get the ball again just to see if she'd tell us one more time.


I noticed that too (probably everyone did) - obviously she was short on notes for him..

While she's in a position that's an easy target for abuse, she's not been good at all and I'm sure there are better female alternatives out there. One of them that does the women's football maybe.

_________________
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 12:00 pm 
Immortal
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 4:27 pm

Posts: 14804

Athers wrote:
kagni wrote:
Heard her for the first time last night, thought she was poor.
She mentioned Zheng Zhi from Charlton three times and each time said that he was the Chinese captain.
After the third time I was hoping he'd get the ball again just to see if she'd tell us one more time.


I noticed that too (probably everyone did) - obviously she was short on notes for him..

While she's in a position that's an easy target for abuse, she's not been good at all and I'm sure there are better female alternatives out there. One of them that does the women's football maybe.


Womens Football??? What next? Shotputting?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 12:07 pm 
Icon

Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2004 12:19 am

Posts: 5849

Location: Manchester

It's terrible, but for the 5 minutes I usually watch per game before remembering that fact, the commentary isn't as bad as Jacqui on MOTD.

_________________
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 12:57 pm 
Immortal
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 12:45 am

Posts: 15248

Location: Montreal, Canada

Cassie Campbell, retired captain of Canada's world champion and Olympic champion women's hockey teams, has joined the broadcast booth as a colour commentator for NHL hockey. She not only knows a lot more about the sport that some of the talking heads - she is a lot easier to look at too. So I have no problem with women commentators in our national sport.

Image

_________________
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.
:pray:Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 1:01 pm 
Immortal
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2005 12:31 pm

Posts: 11327

Location: London

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Cassie Campbell, retired captain of Canada's world champion and Olympic champion women's hockey teams, has joined the broadcast booth as a colour commentator for NHL hockey. She not only knows a lot more about the sport that some of the talking heads - she is a lot easier to look at too. So I have no problem with women commentators in our national sport.

Image


What does she sound like though?

North American women can sometimes have a bit more of a drawl than their English counterparts, meaning they might be better suited to commentating.

_________________
Prufrock wrote:
Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 1:05 pm 
Immortal
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 12:45 am

Posts: 15248

Location: Montreal, Canada

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Cassie Campbell, retired captain of Canada's world champion and Olympic champion women's hockey teams, has joined the broadcast booth as a colour commentator for NHL hockey. She not only knows a lot more about the sport that some of the talking heads - she is a lot easier to look at too. So I have no problem with women commentators in our national sport.

Image


What does she sound like though?

North American women can sometimes have a bit more of a drawl than their English counterparts, meaning they might be better suited to commentating.


Fairly low pitched contralto - not at all hard on the ear and speaks reasonably slowly. Colour commentators here don't do the commentary - they analyze during pauses

_________________
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.
:pray:Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ] 

It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:36 pm

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group